Sunday Brunch post lockdown | JP Da Dhaba | Sheraton Grand Whitefield
Sunday Brunch has become one of the most popular events in most hotels for a long time. This is the time when family’s love to spend their lazy Sunday with some wonderful meals. Sheraton Grand Whitefield had this as regular fixtures and it was very popular. But, the lockdown, due to a global pandemic, put a speed-breaker on any such event for the past 2-3 months. All the restaurants, malls, multiplex were shut to safeguard the safety of people. Now, the government has given permission to slowly open up the economy & market in general. Acting upon the update, Sheraton opened its restaurant for guests to come and enjoy dining in. And in the last 2 weeks, the Sunday brunch has restarted with different themes – Father’s Day & JP-da-Dhaba. I visited the hotel to experience the food & hospitality last Sunday.
This is the most important aspect of the dining experience that I would like to share. The biggest concern in everybody’s mind is safety & hygiene. Hotel Management has taken made all the necessary changes and followed recommendations & guidelines.
- The reception area has a transparent glass separating the person from another side. Ensuring the safety of guests & staff.
- A special lever to dispense Hand Sanitizer at the entrance so one can use it to enter inside the hotel cleanly.
- Every person serving food wears a mask all the time. Some of them can also be seen wearing gloves.
- The person across live counters are seen wearing face shields.
- The table where guests dine in us used only once 48hrs. After usage, it is sanitized & quarantined.
- Every seat on every table has a personal sanitizer than guests can use and take it back.
- There is also wet tissue for wiping one’s mobile screen to screen it as we might touch multiple surfaces.
- Hotel specific cars have special glass divider that separates drivers from the guests sitting back.
- All of these are many more precautions are taken by Sheraton Grande Whitefield.
- Serving staff were properly geared up with Face Mask, Face shield & Gloves while serving.
- It was a sit-down buffet and no guests were required to go to the live counter. Now, to tell a little bit about the food that was served during the brunch.
JP Da Dhaba Sunday Brunch
This is one of the signature Food Festival that happens in Sheraton Grand Whitefield on yearly basis. The complete menu is planned by Chef Jatinder Pal, Executive Chef, who has years of experience & specializes in multiple cuisines. But JP-da-Dhaba is close to his heart as dishes served are popular in Punjabi Cuisine.
Chaat Varieties (Papdi chat, Dahi Papdi), Kebabs (Paneer, Soya, Yam), Tacos (especially for kids)
I loved having different varieties of chaat & other starters. But my favorite was the special Soya bases kebab as it was slightly chewy and a good amount of spices soaked it.
Aam Badam Shake, Lassi, Jal Jeera, Amrit Masala
Lassi is one of the most common add-ons for Punjabi Food. But surprisingly, I loved the Aam Badam Shake as it had a unique combination of ingredients that tasted very good.
Kadai Paneer, Mix Veg, Dal Makhani, Capsicum Curry
Every dish served as part of the main course was just amazing as it had the right amount of spices added into the gravy. Enjoyed the curries along with steamed rice.
Makai Roti & Sarson ka saag, Kadi Chawal, Chole Chawal
The first dish that invariably comes to my mind when I think about Punjabi food is Sarson Ka Saag. And it was done exceptionally well and I seem to have craved this for a long time.
Jamoon served with Milk, Pastries, Kheer, Jaggery
This is one of the best courses during meals that lets one savor the sweet dishes. There was a combination of Indian sweets & Western pastries. I took a selection of them and finished every bit of it quickly as it was so irresistible.
The experience of having an elaborate Sunday brunch by the pool-side was just wonderful. I enjoyed the overall experience and felt very safe inside. Kudos to Chef Jatinder Pal for coming with such a wonderful concept for brunch. Also, special thanks to Chef Gurpreet Saini & Chef Rungtiwa Sorlae for doing a good job.
Looking forward to many visits to Sheraton Grand Whitefield in the future. I urge everyone to also visit the amazing property & enjoy great food, service & ambiance.
Sheraton Grand Bengaluru Whitefield Hotel & Convention Center
Prestige Shantiniketan Hoodi,
Phone – 08071 008 100