Underdoggs – Sports Bar & Lounge @JP Nagar, Bangalore
The name is so apt for many folks in this world. Coz on an average someone at some point of time would have felt it in their life. Well, the word is UNDERDOG.
Now, when you actually keep a name we usually looking to associate this not at workplace, its more about the sports. And here comes a unique Sports Bar Lounge where you can let go of yourself, relax and have some fun. Coz these folks have the best selection of sports, food, cocktails, fun-games and to beat it all the ambiance. I went to the outlet in Bangalore which has recently come up in JP Nagar.
Underdoggs initially started in North India, places where there equal # of people who want to party and have fun – Delhi, Gurgaon and Chandigarh. Infact, I have also heard that Underdoggs has got plenty of awards in place for Nightlife. They have also been recognised in the Time Food Awards.
You then wonder who come they came in late to this city which is filled with crowd that just want to have fun. And the people are on the lookout for new place to go spend time and have fun.
I would say that though there is a delay, they seem to have come here and quickly established themselves.
It is important to know the location of this place. Coz it is a surprise that they are not in the places like Koramangala and Indranagar where we expect the best party or Sports Hubs to be located.
Infact, for that matter MG Road, Brigade, Church Street and Whitefield are equally good places. But I guess it is tough to get it right where you want. Finally, they seem to have found a place in JP Nagar. A relatively calm and traditional place that is seeing some new outlets coming up.
I have told that it’s a sport bar in my first para. Now, to share more info on what makes it a unique place for fun, relax and unwind.
- Huge space which makes you feel relaxed and at ease the moment you enter.
- Colourful lighting all around the place adds to the vibrancy apart from the crowd.
- 2 levels with seating arrange kept to corner, letting the centre area for keeping Pool Tables.
- In terms of the sports they have – 8 pool tables, Foosball and Table Tennis. The pool tables are quietly nicely spread out not cramping up space. It is not the pool only place which is usually smoke filled. They have a separate smoke zone.
- Large bar counter where you can sit across the counter and get the drinks.
- There are some autographed T-Shirts, EPL team scarf, caps and other items kept as memorabilia’s.
- Glass to the left side faces the main-road, so you can also look out for the traffic and not feel left out.
- Beer pong is played at this place which is quite popular. Basically there would be 3 glass with coloured water. 2 people play this game. The idea of 1 player is to drop a big pong across the table and let it land on the coloured water next to you. If you do so, then the opponent has to gulp down beer. Then the opponent gets to pitch the table tennis to land in the opponent’s glass. Final winner would be the one who survives all rounds and put more of the table tennis balls into opponent’s glass. This is a game played in college days but then it’s one of the main attractions when a group of people go to have fun.
- Valet parking is available which is so critical coz otherwise it would become so difficult to find parking in the area.
Paneer topped pizza which was so yummy. For me it seemed to taste like Paneer Butter Masala being taken with the Pizza Base. The pizza is a must try if you go to Underdoggs.
There are multiple varieties of Chicken Wings which I hear from my non-veg friends as being really good.
- Desi Spice
- Spicy Harissa
- Garlic Parmesan
- Butter Chicken
I must say that this is one of the best item to take if you come here. Basically it’s a Naan with some really wonderful toppings of Paneer based curry. It’s not the Butter Masala kind of stuff but something totally different. The taste is simply superb coz there are some veggies, its moist and not too liquid. You can actually make 4 portions and eat it off.
Dim Sum in Indian style, the name itself is quite unique. And for sure the bite is also even more unique. Served in the typical manner in which Dim Sum is served, a starter that will work wonder when you get it into your mouth.
I felt that this shot was better than the Cinnamon based coz the Litchi with Kamakazi had some unique taste. You will just not feel the alcohol in it. But yes, it is a shot with liquor.