How to make Vada Burger | Recipe | Keep it simple
Vada Burger is a variant of the famous vada paav, a popular snack in Maharastra, India. By making a small variant, we can create a unique dish that has its own flavour profile. This burger snack gives a feel of eating a western snack packed with Indian flavors. Let me share a simple recipe for making this at home.
Step by step RecipeWe love eating different snacks outside and don’t attempt making at home thinking that it might be complex. But if the recipe is made simple them we might feel comfortable trying it.
IngredientsAloo Mixture, 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp mustard, Hing, Curry Leaves, Ginger & Clove, Garlic, Green Chilli, Coriander, Turmeric, Potato, Salt, Lemon Juice
Besan Batter¾ cup gram flour, 1 tbsp rice flour, turmeric, kashmiri red chilli powder, asafoetida, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp baking soda, ½ cup water, Vegetable Oil
Other IngredientsBurger Bun, Green chilli, Green chutney, Tamarind chutney, Dry Garlic chutney
Preparing Aloo Mix
- In a large kadai, heat 2 tsp oil and splutter ½ tsp mustard, a pinch of hing and few curry leaves.
- Add 1-inch ginger, 2 clove garlic, 1 chilli, 2 tbsp coriander and saute well.
- Add ¼ tsp turmeric and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 boiled and mashed potato and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure all the spices are combined well with potato. Adding around 1 tap of lemon will enhance flavor.
- Aloo Mixture is ready.
- Take ball sized aloo mixture and dip in besan batter and coat well.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Put droplets of remaining basan batter into hot oil and make the chura.
- Slice the Burger bun and spread 1 tsp green chutney, ½ tsp tamarind chutney and ½ tsp dry garlic chutney.
- Place the prepared vada in center of Burger bun, chura and fried chilli.
- The chura added makes the burger crunchy.
- Press the Burger bun and serve immediately.
Serve it hot along with tamarind chutney and mint chutney. It’s alos best served along with some hot kullad chai.
Final ThoughtsIts hard to resist eating it when something so delicious is prepared. Instead of eating out, this dish can be easily prepared at home. Hope this recipe is as simple as it is to eat the dish. It’s time for you to try it and share the feedback.
More InformationOnion Rava Dosa RecipeInstagram