Tawa Veg Burger | Evening Snack | Recipe | Keep it simple
We all love to eat some snacks along with our coffee or tea during the day. In the morning, usually, something very light is taken like biscuits, light mixture, chips, corn mixture. But in the evening, we want to consume something a little more solid and filling. The usual choices that people go for are Vada Paav, Missal Pav, Samosa, Kachori, Sandwich. Recently, I came across the idea of making Tawa Veg Burger, imagine Western Burger with Indian Touch.
How to make Tawa Veg Burger
The name seems so much Indian form the outset. But it has every element that makes it that much western. Even though it has a fancy name, the ingredients are simple that are available in every household. Let me share the simple recipe that you are trying right away.
- Burger Buns
- 1 pc of Onion, Tomato & Capsicum
- ½ tsp Jeera
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tsp Garam Masal
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 25gms Paneer (preferably diced)
- 25gms Cheese (preferably Mozzarella)
- 5-10ml Refined Oil
- 10-15gms Butter
- 10-15gms Cheese
- 1 Flat Tawa
Preparing the Base/Stuffing
- Add the Refined Oil onto the Tawa and heat the oil.
- Add Onion and fry until light golden brown.
- Add Tomato, Capsicum, Paneer, and Jeera into the Tawa.
- Cook only 2-3mts so the vegetable remains crunchy.
- Add Chaat masala, Garam masala and Salt into the mix.
- Once the mixture is ready, transfer the same to a bowl.
The mixture that was prepared can be called as the Base Filling.
- Add some butter into the Tawa.
- Slice the Burger bun from the middle.
- Place sliced burgers on the Tawa.
- Add the Base filling on one side of the burger.
- Grate Cheese on top of the Burger.
- Cover the other side of other pieces of Burger on Tawa.
The Tawa Veg Burger is ready to be served along with your favorite Chips & Ketchup.
- Avoid trying to heat the vegetables too long in the oil to maintain the crunchiness.
- Add other vegetables like Cabbage, Carrot, Broccoli.
- Always keep the Tawa on low-flame to avoid over-heating.
- Avoid adding too much cheese as it can become heavy to consume.
This was one of the easiest recipes attempted at home glad that it came out so well. The steps are quite simple and easy to follow. Though we prepared the same to be had along with evening tea, it can be prepared at any time of day. In fact, this can be a great breakfast the kids would. If you are in a hurry for work, a simple 5-10mts preparation of this burger is perfect. And for anyone having the burger craving at night, this for sure is the best solution.
Do try the recipe and let me know how the dish turned out to be. If you do try any variants, do share it with me.
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/fodyssey
FB Page – https://www.facebook.com/fodyssey