Sterling – Redefining Holiday Experience in India
The world has become a busy place to live and people spent most of their times either in commute or at their workplaces. Schedules are always tight and most of the times people are scampering for time. The need for holidaying has become very much of a necessity to rejuvenate oneself. It lets one get away from the routine life, relax and do something that energizes – mind & body. People from western countries have realized the necessity and plan for their holiday well in advance. In India, people are starting to realize the benefit of taking a break and rejuvenating.
After deciding to holiday, the next challenge would be choosing the holiday destination as our country has plenty of them. Brands have established their resort at various locations across the country. Sterling has been leading the brand that’s setup its resorts >32 scenic location across the country. The latest in the coveted collection is the Sterling Resort at Wayanad. I recently got an opportunity to have an amazing experience that I will be sharing in this article.
Sterling Resorts across India
The resorts have been classified into five categories depending on the location.
Forest Resorts – Sterling Corbett, Sterling Kanha, Sterling Sariska, Sterling Thekkady.
Hill Station Resorts – Sterling Darjeeling, Sterling Dharamshala, Sterling Gangtok, Sterling Kodai Lake, Sterling Kodai Valley, Sterling Kufri, Sterling Lonavala, Sterling Manali, Sterling Munnar, Sterling Mussoorie, Sterling Nainital, Sterling Ooty Elk Hill, Sterling Ooty Fern Hill, Sterling Yelagiri, Sterling Yercaud, Sterling Wayanad.
Beach Side Resorts – Sterling Daman, Sterling Goa Bardez, Sterling Goa Varsa, Sterling Karwar, Sterling Puri.
Heritage Resorts – Sterling Agra, Sterling Shirdi.
Riverside Resorts – Sterling Anaikatti, Sterling Dindi.
Recently I got an opportunity to visit the Sterling Wayanad properties and was amazed at the experience. I will sharing high level info to reach the Sterling Waynad and the location. To know more, follow my next article on Sterling Wayanad.
Reaching Sterling Wayanad
One can reach the destination only by means of road. The closest airport/railways station are nearly 70-80kms away from Wayanad.
Airports near-by Moolankavu
- Calicut Airport – 78kms
- Bangalore International Airport – 250kms
Railway Stations connected to Moolankavu
- Nilambur Road, Malappuram, Kerala – 48kms
- Vaniyambalam, Malappuram, Wandoor, Kerala – 60kms
- Kozhikode, Kerala – 81kms
Road transportation to Moolankavu
- Mysore – 100kms
- Calicut – 85kms
Highlights of Wayanad
- The major crop grown in the locality is that of Coffee. To give shade to the smaller coffee plants, Silver Oak trees are planted that grow quickly and perfectly suited for cold climate.
- There place has 20,864 hectares of reserve forest that’s majorly covered by Teak plantation.
- Some of the commonly spotted animals include – Bonnet Monkeys, Loris, Mongooses, Jungle Cats, Jackals, Hares, etc. Among the wild animals – Elephants, Bears & Tigers have been spotted in the past.
- The annual rainfall in the region ranges from 3000-4000mm.
- Mean max and min temperature for the last five years were 29 – degree Celsius and 18 – degree Celsius.
- Four seasons – Cold Weather (Dec-Feb), Hot Weather (Mar-May), Southwest Monsoon (Jun-Sep) and Northeast Monson (Oct-Nov).
- Sultan Bathery is the most famous place in the Wayanad region. The place owes its name to the erstwhile ruler of Mysore Tipu Sultan. During invasion of the Malabar region, dumped his ammunition & parked his artillery battering in old Jain Temple. Located at an altitude of 1000m above sea-level, place enjoys temperate climate throughout the year.
- The major plantations grown in the region include – Pepper, Coffee, Cardamom, Betel Nut Tree, Coconut, Banana, Chikku, Tapioca, Turmeric and more.
- Banasura Sagar Dam, located 21kms from Kalpetta in Waynad District is the largest earth dam in India. It’s also the second largest in Asia and a major tourist attraction.
Holidaying has become the need of the house with the growing stress in our work-life. To choose the holiday destination, one can simply look at places where Sterling has setup their properties. By signing up with Sterling for 25years, one can plan to holiday at their 32 properties across the country. Along with the resort experience, the brand also wants to focus on giving a holiday experience. This is the only company that gives travel insurance right from the time customer starts the journey, until getting back home.
With the cool features, its fair to say that this Sterling gives the best experience for our Holiday.