Eazy Diner Foodie Awards 2018 – Bengaluru
Eazy Diner Foodie Awards are one of the most popular and coveted food awards that every restaurant in the city wants to get hold of. That’s probably one of the reason why it’s also called as “Oscar of Food Awards“. The award ceremony took place at ITC Gardenia, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bengaluru on 19th July 2018.
Eazy Diner started giving these awards from last year and grabbed a lot of attention. Over the last couple of years, EazyDiner app innovating and helping both restauranteurs & customers. Getting an award from EazyDiner reaffirms the success of the restaurant. These awards have become a matter of immense pride & prestige.
Master of ceremonies was popular comedian Pa Pa CJ who kept the crowd thoroughly entertained. . The awards were individually handed over to the winner by celebrities and established dignitaries. Notable one among the guests were Pankaj Advani, Jas Arora and many more.
To make it a little more interesting, there are 2 categories for awards including – Critic Choice Awards and People Choice Awards.
Critic Choice Awards
Critic Choice Awards (Vir’s choice awards) was adjudicated by the celebrated Food Critic & Television Anchor, Mr. Vir Sanghvi. The list of award winners in this category are as follows.
- Best Indian Restaurant in a Hotel – Dum Pukht Jolly Nabobs, ITC Windsor
- Best Thai Restaurant in a Hotel – Rim Naam, The Oberoi, Bengaluru
- Best Indian Restaurant as a Standalone – Punjab Bistro, Koramangala
- Best Cocktail Bar in a Hotel – Bang, The Ritz Carlton, Bengaluru
- Best Coffee Shop – JW Kitchen, JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
- Best Pub – The Biere Club, Lavelle Road
- Best Restaurant Concept – Sly Granny, Indiranagar
- Best Café Concept – Ciclo Café, Indiranagar
- Breakthrough Restaurant Concept – BBQ’D, U B City
- Best Chinese Restaurant in a Hotel – Shang Palace, Shangri-La Hotel, Bengaluru
- Best European Restaurant as a Standalone – Toast & Tonic, Brigade Road
- Legendary Restaurant – Karavalli, The Gateway Hotel Residency Road Bangalore
- Best Restaurant Chain – Barbeque Nation
- Hotel of the Year – ITC Gardenia
- General Manager of the Year – Amaan Kidwai
Lifetime Achievement Award
This was a special category of award created to recognize one of the Chef part of culinary industry from long time and contributing consistently.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Chef Purushotham
People Choice Awards
This category a little challenging as it involves an elaborate process of voting and to ensure the transparency KPMG team was involved. The list of award winners in this category are as follows.
- Best Indian Restaurant in a Hotel – Tamarind, Taj Bangalore
- Best Indian Restaurant as a Standalone – Salt Indian Restaurant, Whitefield
- Best European Restaurant in a Hotel – Alto Vino, Bengaluru Marriott Hotel Whitefield
- Best European Restaurant as a Standalone – Caperberry, Lavelle Road
- Best Mediterranean Restaurant as a Standalone – Flechazo, Marathahalli
- Best Cocktail Bar in a Hotel – Chime, Sheraton Grand Bengaluru, Whitefield
- Best Chinese Restaurant in a Hotel – The Lantern Restaurant & Bar, The Ritz Carlton Bangalore
- Best Asian Restaurant in a Hotel – Blue Ginger, Taj West End
- Best Chinese Restaurant as a Standalone – Yauatcha, MG Road
- Best Pan Asian Restaurant as a Standalone – Broadway – The Gourmet Theatre, HSR Layout
- Best in Nightlife as a Standalone – Druid Garden, Sahakara Nagar
- Best Café in a Hotel – Citrus – The Leela Palace
- Best Café as a Standalone – Om Made Café, Koramangala
- Best Microbrewery – Byg Brewski Brewing Company, Sarjapur
- Best Romantic Restaurant – The Fisherman’s Wharf, Sarjapur
- Best Rooftop Restaurant – High Ultra Lounge, Malleshwaram
- Best Sunday Brunch – JW Kitchen, JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru
- Best Sushi Restaurant – EDO Restaurant & Bar, ITC Gardenia
- Best Buffet Restaurant – Barbeque Nation, Soul Space Arena Mall
- Best Quick Service – Rajdhani Thali Restaurant, Indiranagar
In the Digital Era, hashtags and selfies are the very popular among people. For this event, Eazy Diner shared a special hashtag #EazyDinerFoodieAwards. The target was to see the hashtag trend on twitter. There was a live-screen showing the elevation of the hashtag which reached #1 trending hashtag in 30 minutes.
Guests at event
The event also gave an opportunity to interact with various representatives from different restaurants and socialites across Bengaluru city.
Some of the folks representing various restaurant across the city at the event included.
Abhijith Saha (Fava, Capeberry), Pravesh Pandey (Byg Brewsky), Manu Chandra (Toast & Tonic), Swapn Pandey (Sodabottleopenwala), Rumana Nazarali (Blogger), Gypsy Neel (Foxtrot), Jagdish M Menda (Hunan), AJi Nair (Rajdhani), Nitin Bajaj (Sheraton Whitefield), Kapil Sahi (Davanam Sarovar Portico), Jayakannan Perumalsamy (Flechazo), Deepa Shri Rajan (Flechazo), Abhinav Varma (Fava), Anirban De Munshi (Novotel), Gargci Guha (4 Season by Sheraton), Simonti Majumdar (ITC Windsor), Siddharth Verma (Marriott), Pema T Takchung Lepcha (Hunan), Chef Ramasamy Selvaraju (Taj), Ritesh Singh (Byg Brewsky), Monica Khara (Marriot, Bellandur), Tarveen Singh Bhasin (Sheraton Whitefield), Sh Saurabh (Sheraton Whitefield).
The list of critic, socialites and fellow bloggers that were present
Chetan Kamani, Aslam Gafoor, Ram Chugh, Shailendra S. Jaggi (FBCI), Pravin Menon, Soumya Gopi, Debolina Ray, Tapash Kumar Sahu, Deena Pinto, Colin Vernon D’souza, Ruth Dsouza Prabhu, Natasha Ali, Sheetal C, Sanghamitra Gupta, Rajarshee Kar, Noorain, Anitha Nayak,
This was one of the best food award ceremony that I have attend and the arrangements were done very well. There was some great food from Indian & Japanese cuisine served along with some amazing desserts. To top it all up, Diageo made some special cocktails for all guests.
Congratulations to the EazyDiner Bengaluru team for setting up a wonderful & immensely successful event. Special thanks to Ahana Bhtn for inviting to the event. I am looking forward to many more EazyDiner awards in the future.
More Information on Award Night
Vir’s Choice Awards Bengaluru 2018
People’s Choice Awards Bengaluru 2018
Live video of the awards ceremony can be seen at the following links.
Eazy Diner Foodie Awards : Part – I
Eazy Diner Foodie Awards : Part – II
Eazy Diner Foodie Awards : Part – III
#EazyDinerFoodieAwards #ITCGardenia #Bengaluru #Fodyssey #Blogger