The name of this restaurant is quite unique and reminds you of the Bollywood movies. And also this name is given to either a huge home in the city or most commonly to something deep within the country-side or forest.
The place where mostly people go for relaxing with the family. And those are the places where you would find all those animal stuffed statues in the houses showing off their hunts. Well, I seem to have gone a little deep into describing the word bungalow. But most of the things that I described are true about the restaurant.
Situated in the actual outskirts of the city amid the IT companies, Bungalow is like the best kept secret. Let me share the direction to be able to reach the place.
I will share directions from Graphite India Road which the road that comes from the Kundanahalli gate side. There is a right on the road that leads to some of the major software companies including SAP and GE. Soon after you cross the GE you need to cross the next intersection until you find the 2nd intersection. Take the right there and you will find the Bungalow to the right side.
I have described so much about how a theatrical bungalow would look like. But now it is time to share specific info regarding how the bungalow restaurant looks like.
- Entrance has a relatively smaller entrance where the name of the restaurant is written and there is a rain-deer symbol on top of the name.
- As you enter inside the Bungalow you can make out that it has a huge space for seating in the ground level and the first level.
- It’s got the woody finish from the interiors almost looking an old house. And you can see seats in the first level.
- To the left is a huge bar counter and the sitting area. As you walk down straight there is a buffet spread for people to pick up buffet items.
- First level has some sofas which almost resembles like you are sitting at your home and having a private dining experience.
- Unique lights that are attached to an arch kind of structure that comes a common point. Each of the unit has 2 bulb holders arching out from centre.
- Sketch of a deer is made where in its been cut into 8 different part and framed individually.
- There is various cartoon that shows different parts of Bangalore from the early 50’s time-frame. There are sketches related to various
development in the city like – Pollution issues, Pub cry, Silicon city, Pensioner’s Paradise, Garden City, Boom City.
There are paintings of old paces like – Airlines hotel, Vidhana Soudha, Thoms Café, Mount Carmel, Bangalore Golf Club, Breakfast Drive,
Early Learner, Parade Café, Bishop Cottons School, Central College. That is like a lot of collectables under 1 roof of Bungalow.
- Pool table for people to spend time while having lunch/dinner. It is quite typical of an actual bungalow
The ambiance is something I can go on and on about this place.
I might repeatedly have told about the importance of food at any place. But it is more critical coz there is a huge possibility being located in the heart of IT companies. The food needs to be spot on. Let me share some of my experience on the food.
Tom Yum Phak
Thai Spiced Vegetable Broth Avoured with Lemon Grass and Galangal (v)
Interesting soup to start off the meals. Green in colour and decently thick. It sets the tone for some lovely food to follow.
Pok Chok and Broccoli Bao (v)
A very well done Dim Sum with right about of veggies as the ingredients inside the Dim Sum. The shape of it shows the Chef has an expert in the area.
Spices were well mixed and enjoyed it.
Tandoori Paneer Trio
Pickled, Fresh Green Herb and Black Pepper Corn Embellished Char Grilled Cottage Cheese
This for sure is one of the favourite starters among the vegetarians.
The presentation of the dish is simply amazing but the only concern was to do with the softness of the Paneer which I feel could have been better.
Apart from the starter I mentioned above, few other starters that I tried along with my friends include.
- Crispy Filo Cigars
- Deep Fried Filo Cigarillos stuffed with Cheese, Spring Onions and Pomegranate seeds with Mint Tomato Dip (v)
- Refried Bean, Confit Mushrooms and Cheddar Cheese (v)
- Vegetarian Kebab Trio
- Spinach and Fig Kebab, Corn Kebab and Tandoori Bharwan Aloo (v)
All of starters I mentioned are presented exquisitely and taste yummy. For sure a lot of thought has gone into coming up with the dish and the way it is to be presentation. The effort seems to have paid off in bring out a wonderful set of starters
They are wonderful collection of Oven made pizzas which are quite soft. I ended up taking a piece from 2 of the vegetarian pieces and it tasted yummy. Infact, the looks of it was so tempting that I could not resist.
- Mediterranean Vegetable (v)
- Mushrooms, Tomato, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Herbs, Mozzarella and Onions
- Pesto (v)
- A Veg Choice with Pesto Sauce Base, Italian Mozzarella Topped with Mushroom, Zucchini, Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomatoes
There are quite a few items in the main course also that are pretty good at the Bungalow. Let me share thoughts on few of the items.
Thai Curry Served with Steamed Jasmine Rice
Choice of w Red – With Vegetables and Tofu
The taste of the curry with the steamed rice was quite yummy and tasted quite good.
Daal Makhani with Naan
This is one the most basic dishes that we all know of and have come to like. Well, the dish was made perfectly as the black lentils were cooked well and there was enough cream.
Apart from all that I have mentioned there were choices of Burgers, Pastas, Sandwiches, Wraps, Burgers which shows that the restaurant wants to have wide palette for people to choose from. Anyone would eventually be having 1 of the dishes that they love.
This for sure is the end of the meal time but then as they say the last laugh needs to be the best.
- Warm Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding with Ice cream
- Molten Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice cream
Both the deserts were brilliant, I enjoyed the flavours. To add to all of this, the presentation of the dish made it more desirable.
There isn’t anything alcohol based in the drinks served at bungalow. I tried couple of the mocktails and expresso.
It felt really good travelling deep into the Whitefield area, amid the IT companies and finding out a place like Bungalow. There is a very different feeling that you get when you enter. Food is good and the people serving are also very friendly. Some of these factors will help this place in gaining popularity among masses. My current rating for this place is 4.0/5. I wish they can get some alcohol license and I am sure its popularity will reach become even higher.
My rating in other departments.
Food – 4.0/5
Service – 4.0/5
Ambiance – 4.0/5
Drinks – 4.0/5
Food for 2 at this place will cost anywhere between INR1500-2000.