Language – Hindi
Genre – Action/Romanace/History
Duration – 2 hrs 34 mins
Starring– Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor & Kangana Renaut
Director – Vishal Bhardwaj
Production company – Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment, VB Pictures, Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
Music director – Vishal Bhardwaj
Release Date – 18 January 2017
Watched one of the awaited movie Rangoon. The stars caste for the movie included likes of Shahid, Saif and Kangana. Rangoon was just a decent movie, so I would not want to spent too much time writing. I will just highlight a few things about the movie –
- Performance of all the leading actors was awesome.
- All songs were good but they could have cut short 1 song.
- English major seems to have too many Hindi dialogues.
- The movie is a little too long, especially the 2nd 1/2 could have been edited.
- Picturisation and costumes are pretty good.
The music for the film is composed by Vishal Bhardwaj; the lyrics are by Gulzar. The first song titled ‘Bloody Hell’ from the movie was released in early January 2017 along with music video.
No. Title Lyrics Singer(s) Length
1. “Bloody Hell” Gulzar Sunidhi Chauhan 4:12
2. “Yeh Ishq Hai” Gulzar Arijit Singh 4:40
3. “Mere Miyan Gaye England” Gulzar Rekha Bhardwaj 3:47
4. “Tippa” Gulzar Sukhwinder Singh, Rekha Bhardwaj, Sunidhi Chauhan 5:44
5. “Ek Dooni Do” Gulzar Rekha Bhardwaj 3:57
6. “Alvida” Gulzar Arijit Singh 5:03
7. “Julia” Gulzar Sukhwinder Singh, K.K, Kunal Ganjawala 5:52
8. “Chori Chori” Gulzar Rekha Bhardwaj 2:53
9. “Yeh Ishq Hai (Female Version)” Gulzar Rekha Bhardwaj 4:44
10. “Rangoon Theme” Instrumental 1:31
11. “Be Still” Lekha Washington Dominique Cerejo 3:08
12. “Shimmy Shake” Lekha Washington Vivienne Pocha 2:26
It is a one time watch movie for the acting, dance, songs and for the locations. Its not the kind of movie that makes you feel wow, but makes you feel decently entertained. For sure, a lot more could have been done with the excellent star-cast for the movie. It seems like the director did not know how to utilize the talents of some good actors in the industry.